Grace Getman, an Urban Studies and Environmental Studies double major at Fordham University, spent one semester interning at Marine Park researching the park’s formation and re-designing the Alliance’s website. Her research took her from Marine Park itself to the Brooklyn Historical Society and the Pratt Institute. Read about her experiences here.
- Surveying conditions of particular aspects of the park such as trees, benches and garden beds helps us make decisions on their care and maintenance.
- Gathering data on wildlife helps the NYC Parks’ ecologists.
- Ecological restoration builds upon the biodiversity in our urban natural areas.
- Managing our social media strategically spreads good news and engages a broader audience.
- Writing about Marine Park history shares the remarkable story of the park and its growth.