Marine Park Alliance’s Summer 2020 intern, Alison Ettinger-DeLong, talks about her experience at the organization, explains the benefits of the internship, and discusses the logistics of how to apply here.
There is so much to learn when working in NYC Parks. Internships are a great way to focus on a specific project for a finite period of time, learning and developing skills all while delivering much-needed assistance. Some examples are below:
- Surveying conditions of particular aspects of the park such as trees, benches and garden beds helps us make decisions on their care and maintenance.
- Gathering data on wildlife helps the NYC Parks’ ecologists.
- Ecological restoration builds upon the biodiversity in our urban natural areas.
- Managing our social media strategically spreads good news and engages a broader audience.
- Writing about Marine Park history shares the remarkable story of the park and its growth.
You might think of other internships that we haven’t yet considered! Contact us if you’re interested in an unpaid internship that gives back to the Brooklyn community.