Gatherings of 20 people or more require a permit to use space in the park. Games require a sports permit, while parties, picnics and events require a special events permit. Specialized uses of the park, such as film shoots. also require a permit.
See below for information on how to apply for each.
Please note: sound permits are not issued for amplification of music.
Special Events Permits
You will need to apply for a special events permit if you are planning to host an event in the park where you expect to have a group of 20 or more people. These permits serve as proof that you have permission from NYC Parks to have a group larger than 20 people in any specific area in the park.
- You must apply for a special event permit AT LEAST 30 DAYS IN ADVANCE OF YOUR EVENT.
- There is a $25.00 processing fee for a special events permit, which can be paid by credit card if you submit your permit online, or by check or money order if you mail your application to us.
- We do not give out sound permits to the general public.
Complete the NYC Parks' Special Events Application.
If you are a sports league and would like to use one of the athletic fields in Marine Park, you need to apply for an athletic field permit.
Please remember to adhere to the Guidelines for Use of Fields and Court Space.
Apply for an athletic field permit through NYC Parks' website. (Click here for a map of numbered fields and courts in Marine Park.)
Marine Park makes an intriguing backdrop for film shoots, both cinematic and still photography.
To find out if Marine Park is the best location for you, complete the NYC Parks' Film Shoot Request Form, providing a detailed narrative of the action or scenes you wish to shoot. Also list the number of people on set, number of talent; number and types of cameras, tripods, and generators; number and types of vehicles, the specific location you wish and why, and the times and days you wish to shoot.
General restrictions include:
- Weekdays only and not in natural areas protected by the Forever Wild Preserve
- No digging, no pyrotechnics, no generators under trees
- All vehicles and equipment must remain on asphalt at all times
Once logistics are set, the Mayor’s Office of Media is notified and sent approval to generate a permit.
We welcome gatherings for repast and relaxation on lawn areas in Marine Park. These events require a special events permit when there are more than 20 people. Please remind your attendees no alcohol, no smoking and no amplification of sound are allowed.